Australian Visa Types

There are more than 100 different types of Australian visa – which one is best for you will depend on your circumstances.

You can view details of visas which may be suitable below:

  • Student Visas
    Student Visas in Australia can be an extension of your education in one of the most quality education systems in the world. A student visa can be extended multiple times until the end of your course or studies. Through the acquired knowledge and skills during your education in Australia,  Pathways for both temporary and permanent residence may open up for you.
  • Graduate Temporary Subclass 485 Visas
    The Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485) lets you live, study and work in Australia temporarily after you have finished your studies. This makes it easier to accumulate required points for skilled migration or opportunities to find a sponsoring employer.
  • General Skilled Migration
    General Skilled migration visas are Permanent Residence visas for points-tested skilled workers who want to work and live in Australia. The purpose of the Skilled Migration Program is to attract highly employable people for migration to Australia.
    Skilled Subclasses
    There are a variety of skilled migration options:
    1) Skilled Independent Subclass 189
    Permanent visa option, the skilled independent does not require sponsorship by a relative or state/territory government
    2) Skilled Nominated Subclass 190
    A permanent visa requiring nomination by an Australian State or Territory government.
    3) Skilled Regional Provisional Subclass 489
    This is a 4-year provisional visa which allows holders to live only in certain areas of Australia. You would need to be sponsored by an Australian relative living in a designated area, or by a state or territory government.
    4) Skilled Regional Subclass 887
    The Skilled Regional visa is the permanent stage of the Skilled Regional Provisional visa. To qualify for a Skilled Regional visa, you must live in the required region of Australia for 2 years and work full time there for 12 months.
    5) Recognised Graduate Subclass 476
    An 18 month work visa for recent engineering graduates.
  • Employer Sponsorship
    If you have a job offer with an Australian company, it may be possible for them to sponsor you for either temporary (457) or permanent residence (ENS).
  • Partner Migration
    If you have an Australian spouse, partner or fiancé, it is possible for them to sponsor you for permanent residence. Your partner would need to be an Australian permanent resident, citizen or eligible New Zealand citizen.
  • Business Migration
    If you wish to start a business or invest in Australia, you can obtain a visa to facilitate this and you may then qualify for permanent residence once your business interests have been established in Australia. Having a sound immigration strategy upfront can streamline matters significantly, and ensure that you meet your goals in starting a business in Australia.